- About Us
- The Experience
- Rates & Promotions
- Contact Us
Tswalu’s Executive Chef Mandi Hough is dedicated to creating exceptional and unique dining experiences for guests with a variety of exciting menus to enjoy at different venues on the reserve.
As an experienced fine-dining specialist, Mandi uses global food influences and the best available seasonal ingredients, locally sourced wherever possible, to create her constantly changing and evolving menus.
The Green Kalahari area provides food you will never see anywhere else in the world, including some of the most exceptional venison available and the seasonal Kalahari truffle.
Mandi heads up a highly passionate and committed kitchen brigade, who have been employed from the local community.
Sundowners are followed by spectacular sunsets and dune dinners. Tswalu’s Kalahari Feast is a modern reworking of the traditional “boma” braai. Breakfasts may be served with panoramic views of the waterhole where our southern pride of black-maned lions could also start their day. At any time, you can choose a romantic dinner in the privacy of your own deck, with a vintage wine and a telescope to gaze at the stars of the Kalahari night sky
Mandi’s exceptional meals are complimented by an award-winning winelist which features some of the best available South African wines. The winelist recently received a Platinum award from the Diners Club Winelist Awards.
Our service aims to be gentle yet meticulous. As Justin Cartwright wrote in Condé Nast Traveller,
“This unobtrusive professionalism is the special quality of Tswalu.”
• Constantly changing dining options and venues
• Exquisite gourmet food and wine pairing Tasting Menus
• Exclusive dining in the privacy of your own deck
• Sundowners and traditional South African influenced Dune Dinners with a twist
• Boma Dinners with a modern interpretation, the Tswalu way
• Canapé Evenings under the stars served plated or as a buffet feast
• Picnic Breakfasts and Brunches to enjoy in solitude in the bush
• Dining at your leisure and according to your preference with our “All Day Menu”